A brighter, whiter smile can make a big difference in self confidence. It can give you a great boost in self esteem- which can be beneficial in many aspects of life from job performance to social life. We offer our patients three different options for professional teeth whitening! Professional in-office whitening, or two different take-home options for you to use in the comfort of your own home. The whitening options we offer here at Restore Dental are far superior to over-the-counter products!
Venus White Max:
- Provides an average of 7 shades improvement in only one office visit
- Stronger peroxide than the take-home option at 38% hydrogen peroxide gel
- Contains potassium nitrate which helps decrease sensitivity associated with bleaching
Venus White Pro:
- Take-Home whitening with custom whitening trays
- Two strength levels to choose from- 16% or 22% Carbamide Peroxide
- 15-30 minute sessions
- Lower levels of sensitivity
- Provides approximately 8 shades of improvement over a 2 week period
Venus White Ultra:
- Comfortable Pre-filled disposable whitening trays
- 15% hydrogen peroxide gel
- Visibly whiter teeth in just three days
Bleaching vs. Whitening: Products can claim to “whiten” if they effectively remove extrinsic (surface) stains with abrasives, such is the case with most whitening toothpastes. Peroxide, in contrast, bleaches stains intrinsically. Over the years, the term “whitening” has become frequently used in place of “bleaching” because it sounds friendlier
Is it worth it?
Yes. It is worth the extra cost to get a professional whitening treatment. It is a fast, effective, long lasting, safe procedure. You will see results much more quickly compared to over-the-counter whitening options.
Does it hurt?
Some people have a high sensitivity to hydrogen peroxide. They can experience some discomfort when eating or drinking hot or cold foods. This does not last forever and does get better with time. Fortunately, the products we offer here at Restore Dental have minimal sensitivity accompanied with their use.
Are there foods I can’t eat after whitening?
It is advisable for the first 24 hours after a whitening procedure not to drink dark staining drinks such as coffee, black tea, or red wine. However, you can reduce the risk of these stains if you drink through a straw.
Schedule an appointment today for a consultation to discuss all of your whitening options. Your smile is important to us!